Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 11

Did the next week's shopping today instead of tomorrow because it was looking pretty sparse around here, adding $44.54 to our total. Not much to report really. I think we are used to Frugal Februaries by now. The kids haven't asked for a thing. Well, the 2 year old had a fit because we were out of Wheat Thins but he got over it. And I found this recipe that I might try.

Making things from scratch is an everyday occurrence now, not so much in the name of being frugal, but it tastes better and I know what's in it. Biscuits, waffles, mac & cheese, taco seasoning, hamburger and hot dog buns, chocolate pudding, chocolate frosting - all things I would have bought in the past. We love to count the number of ingredients in the store-bought and the homemade versions. (Home made frosting, 4. Canned frosting, 20, including deliciousness like distilled monoglycerides and sodium stearoyl lactylate.).

Loving the Little House on the Prairie feel of this month. Simple cooking, trading lemons for home made hummus, a spontaneous exchange of handmade gifts, everyone checking in on each others' welfare. Remind me I said I love this when I am helping make Valentines for 60 children tomorrow.

Total to date, including 2 more gallons of milk (why don't we just get a faucet!) and a tub of sour cream hubby is bringing to a party at work: $157.37.

No comments:

Post a Comment