Sunday, February 5, 2012

When life gives you lemons

Hubby and the kids spent the morning at a free circus arts class on campus. I stayed home and squeezed lemons for homemade lemonade because we are out of orange juice. And, admittedly, enjoying the peace and quiet, and this amazing February sunshine.

I've been asked what happens if you run out of money. It happens. It happened to us last year. I got a little too confident with my ability to stretch a grocery dollar, and we had a sleepover here and a few friends for dinner and before I knew it, we were left with no money and only a few condiments in the fridge.
Frugal Feb fail, 2011.
That was February 25 and we just raised the white flag and made a mental note not to be so darn charming and social this year, especially because this year February has 29 days.

We have a huge advantage this year, a twice-monthly prepaid veggie box from Farm Fresh to You. It's hard to run out of food with fresh organic veggies showing up at your door every other week. Yeah, I feel a little like a cheater with that one. edited: Hubby tells me it IS cheating, so we're taking the $60 cost out of our $400. So expenditure to date: $96.98.

Oh and bonus! Received a $5 Starbucks card in the mail yesterday, a rebate for bags of coffee I bought in December. Combined with the buy-one-get-one-free coupon I have for the Starbucks at Target, it's a coffee date for me and a friend! Finding happiness in the little things today.

1 comment:

  1. The veggie box isn't cheating since it is paid for out of our $400.

    ReplyDelete