Monday, February 6, 2012

Nothing says February like homemade underwear

The good news: My 2 year old is potty training! He's only using diapers at night, which is good news not only for February but for the rest of my life. The complication: We only have 3 pairs of training pants for him, a gift from my Mom over a year ago. I may have even rolled my eyes a teeny bit when we got them, since he was still so far from being able to use them. But once again, my Mom saves the day. Moms are like that.
This mom sprang into action today and sewed the little tyke a few more pairs of unders. I used this pattern by that*darn*kat for them, which I had in my stash from the time I test-sewed it for You Can Make This. (I had to laugh looking at that link, my test pair (pink/green/light blue) made more than 3 years ago looks suspiciously like the pair I just made. I never throw away fabric.) I sized up to the size 4, interlined the center panel with organic cotton fleece to make them training pants, and omitted the fly.

Someday, he'll tell people about his home made underwear. Hopefully it won't be his therapist.

1 comment: